- If there are two elevators side by side, pushing a call button will, more often than not, only summon one of the elevators. You have to guess which elevator in the bank is closer to you!
- No life guards at public swimming pools.
- Speaking of pools, Speedos are just wrong. Okay, I'll allow them for a swim team (although the Olympic athletes don't even wear them any more). But you, paunchy Swiss man, put some regular swim trunks on.
- And put the swim trunks on your 7 year old as well. No speedos for kids!
- And let's not talk about bikinis, grooming and all the areas in which a female grows hair. I know it's sexist, but you are only allowed to show the hair on your head. Any other hair should be covered or removed.
- Air conditioning is a fundamental human right. Why have the Swiss not realized this?
- Men who wear more jewelry than Zsa Zsa Gabor.
- 14 year olds drinking beer on the tram. (Legal drinking age is 16.)
- Brown sugar? Doesn't exist.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Things that are just wrong
Mostly, things in Switzerland are wonderful. But there are a few things that are just w-r-o-n-g.
Posted by Suzanne Lucas at 1:47 PM