Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Things that are just wrong

Mostly, things in Switzerland are wonderful. But there are a few things that are just w-r-o-n-g.
  • If there are two elevators side by side, pushing a call button will, more often than not, only summon one of the elevators. You have to guess which elevator in the bank is closer to you!
  • No life guards at public swimming pools.
  • Speaking of pools, Speedos are just wrong. Okay, I'll allow them for a swim team (although the Olympic athletes don't even wear them any more). But you, paunchy Swiss man, put some regular swim trunks on.
  • And put the swim trunks on your 7 year old as well. No speedos for kids!
  • And let's not talk about bikinis, grooming and all the areas in which a female grows hair. I know it's sexist, but you are only allowed to show the hair on your head. Any other hair should be covered or removed.
  • Air conditioning is a fundamental human right. Why have the Swiss not realized this?
  • Men who wear more jewelry than Zsa Zsa Gabor.
  • 14 year olds drinking beer on the tram. (Legal drinking age is 16.)
  • Brown sugar? Doesn't exist.
  • Slugs.
Thanks. Now I feel better.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I'll totally send you brown sugar for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you get molasses? You can make brown sugar with regular white sugar and molasses...if you really need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to have my hubby get rid of his speedo. DANGIT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emy and Amy, I brought a ton of brown sugar with me, so I'm good. You can get molasses and I know people that make their own. I'm lazy and have a husband that makes regular business trips to the US.

    Dalene, now I must bleach out my brain. Thanks. (No insult intended to your lovely, and handsome husband, of course. I don't want to see my husband in a speedo either.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Jordan and I lived in Mainz, I dreaded the walk to the train station after it rained because there were literally hundreds (maybe it was a million?) of slugs lining the sidewalks. I'd get dizzy from staring at my feet trying not to step on one. Seriously gross.

    ReplyDelete